– 2015, SHAFRON LAW GROUP, LLC
– 2005, Partner, Commercial Litigation, Archer & Greiner, P.C., 175 attorney East Coast Regional Law Firm
– 1999, Owner, Law Offices of Jason T. Shafron, Esq.
– 1995, U.S. Supreme Court – Admitted to practice
– 1991-92, Law Clerk to the Hon. Thomas S. O’Brien, J.A.D., Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
– 1991, Villanova University School of Law – J.D., Top 1/4 of Class
– 1988, Bucknell University – B.A., Double Major in Economics and Political Science
Jason Shafron is admitted to practice in New Jersey (1991) and New York (1995). He represents and provides counsel to individuals and businesses in a variety of matters related to their business and personal needs and interests. Mr. Shafron offers personal attention to each matter, taking the time necessary to understand his clients in order to provide zealous and efficient advocacy.
Primarily a business lawyer, Mr Shafron represents and advises clients in the formation of new businesses, the drafting and development of partnership and shareholder agreements, the implementation of business succession plans, the buying and selling of businesses and business interests and in real estate acquisitions, financing, leasing and sales.
For 25 years, Mr. Shafron has provided his business and personal clients the highest level of professionalism, legal knowledge and client-centered service. We are not a high volume practice but rather high quality in our approach. We are selective with respect to the clients and the cases that we accept. When you become a client of our law firm, you become part of our family.
- Won a substantial verdict in a three week trial in Bergen County Superior Court involving complex and novel issues of New Jersey cooperative association law.
- Successfully represented a New Jersey and New York large condominium complex developer on construction defect, consumer fraud, broker malpractice and insurance coverage claims.
- Prevailed at trial and appeal on governmental challenge to a New Jersey hotel developer’s variance approval.
- Successfully represented hotel in insurance coverage and broker malpractice litigation and underlying employment discrimination litigation.
- Won a jury verdict on claims and counterclaims, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a major East Coast oil distributor on breach of contract and franchise, petroleum practices and consumer fraud act claims.
- Litigated and successfully resolved fraud and breach of contract claims on behalf of the purchaser/developer of commercial real estate arising from environmental contamination.
- Successfully defended a New Jersey commercial contractor and developer from claims of fraud, breach of contract and consumer fraud.
- Represented a national investment advisor in substantial breach of contract dispute with medical manufacturing company regarding investment finder fee.
- Represented the owner of New Jersey and New York apartment buildings on complex fire insurance coverage and broker malpractice claims, settled on excellent terms for owner.
- Defended a New Jersey accounting firm in employment claims by discharged professional.
- Represented a national retail tenant in lease interpretation litigation against national shopping mall owner.
- Successfully represented an automobile manufacturer on environmental claims associated with a former dealership.
- Prevailed on order to show cause protecting a real estate brokerage firm’s principal’s right of refusal to purchase commercial property.
- Represented a major New York-based builder on breach of contract claim against commercial real estate developers.
- Litigated and prevailed in numerous commercial real estate brokerage litigation disputes involving commercial real estate broker fees.
- Represented a commercial real estate LLC in first party fire insurance coverage and broker malpractice litigation.
- Defended a major insurer on a $500 Mil class action insurance coverage litigation
- Represented a New Jersey municipality in complex construction defect, lien and breach of contract litigation.
- Represented a real estate management company in defense of claims of retaliatory discharge.
- Won summary judgment and New Jersey appellate court on a design defect claim for a product manufacturer.
- Represented a product manufacturer in Federal Court involving allegations of personal injury resulting from design defect.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in New Jersey state court litigation regarding the marketing, sale and labeling of drugs alleged to cause serious personal injury.
- Successfully defended a national apartment complex owner from claims by the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection.
- Represented 12 families in hearings before the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund.
- Bergen County Central Municipal Court Judge, 2015 – present
- District 2B Ethics Committee, Member, 2012 – present
- Public Defender, New Milford, 2013
- Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority – Commissioner, Chair of Personnel and Insurance Committees, 2004 – 2012
- New Jersey Friendship House, Board of Trustees, 2012 – present
- Planning Board Member, Borough of Oakland, 2012 – present
- Reed Academy – Capital Campaign Co-Chair, 2004 – 2012
- Bergen County Bar Association Mock Trial Competition – Judge Quarter Finals, 2004 – present
- Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey- Member of the Board of Trustees, 2003 – 2012
- Bergen County Bar Association Land Use Symposium – Lecturer, 2006 – 2008
- Passaic County Bar Association – Board of Trustees, 1993 – 1994
- American Cancer Society – Board of Directors and Chairman, Young Prof. Div., 1993 – 1994
- Justice William J. Brennan Jr. Chapter of the American Inns of Court, 1993 – 1995
- Frederick B. Lacey Mock Trial Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist, 1992
- Bergen County Bar Association – Member and Co-Chair, Products Liability, 1997 – 1998
- Instructor, LSAT Preparatory Classes, Stanley Kaplan, 1990 – 1991
- Boy Scouts of America – Eagle Scout