We serve commercial and residential brokerage firms throughout New Jersey, providing comprehensive and highly specialized legal representation on issues that are unique to the brokerage profession and those working within that field. Our work in this area supports and safeguards the commercial, professional and personal goals of brokerage firms, brokers and salespeople.
Our legal services for commercial and residential brokerage firms and individual real estate professionals include:
- Counseling regarding real estate commissions, regulatory matters, and general brokerage issues.
- Preparation and review of real estate brokerage documents including independent contractor, sales and other types of agreements, as well as drafting of forms for use by brokers in transactions.
- Formation of brokerage firms, including the creation of limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, partnerships and other business entities.
- Consultation on day-to-day issues including those that arise during transactions, advertising questions, disclosure dilemmas, RESPA compliance, the interpretation of the New Jersey Real Estate Commission’s regulations for the everyday practice of real estate brokerage, property management problems and office procedures and policies.
- Representation concerning joint ventures with title companies, lenders and other parties.
- Employment law counseling including employee manuals, independent contractor manuals, workers compensation, restrictive covenants, issues related to hiring and terminating salespeople and employees, the role of assistants and other issues.
- Preparation or negotiation of franchise agreements.